I like to think of myself as being fairly consistent, and I’ve had one request for a long time, a desktop bug tracker client. I even asked if someone more adept in the ways of The Code could help. Unfortunately my call for help wasn’t heard :-( That was until HackWeek VI came along! Luckily Matt Barringer (from those crazy cooks in the SUSE Studio team) heard my call. He picked up his code machine gun and blasted away o/
So as I mentioned earlier I managed to port entimologist to Android. This post will hopefully explain how I did this. The shopping list for this task is relatively straight forward: Android SDK Android NDK Java development files (on openSUSE I use java-1_6_0-sun-devel) ant (on openSUSE ant is too old, I use the binary tarball from the Apache site) Qt Creator for Android SDK a.k.a Necessitas Not necessary but could be helpful – Eclipse (on openSUSE don’t use the packages available as there are things missing that prevent building for android, use the binary tarball from the Eclipse site) Ministro First thing I had done was install and setup Eclipse, I then setup the Android SDK & Android NDK – that was done months ago.